Powered by Blogger.

Let It Be The Body

>> Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lately, I have been trying to establish a regular habit of going to the gym in the mornings.  It's been hard, really hard. I hate getting up at 5:15.  When the alarm screeches at me it's easy to turn it off and say to myself that I'm just too tired and I'll go tomorrow.  
My goal has been to go 4 days a week.  I've even recruited a carpool buddy to drive with me, so I can't just sleep in.  We did great last week, but this week my buddy has been out of town, and I have been enjoying an undeserved vacation.  Well, this evening I came across a quote that has really made me think, and I thought I would share.  
President George Q. Cannon said, 
"Daily scripture study takes first place. But to have a race of capable women, they must be healthy. … If the choice must be made between the mind and the body, and only one of these can receive proper training, we would say, much as we would deplore the absence of mental cultivation, let it be the body. It would be better for posterity and the future of the world for the physical portion of woman’s nature to receive the proper care than for the mind to be developed at the expense of everything else.” (Gospel Truth, 2:138.)
I guess I better stop being so lazy and get myself to the gym.  

1 comments:

Amy November 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Oh my goodness I needed to hear this! Thank you!! Time to get my own physical self in gear!!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP