Powered by Blogger.

Christ Centered Christmas

>> Sunday, November 28, 2010


"The real Christmas comes to him who has taken Christ into his life as a moving, dynamic, vitalizing force. The real spirit of Christmas lies in the life and mission of the Master."  (The Real Christmas, President Howard W. Hunter (1907–95)


In an effort to focus more on Christ this Christmas season I have decided to read the first 4 gospels in the New Testament before Christmas.  I just made out a schedule in chronological order (as far as I know) and I'm so excited to get started.  You are welcome to join me.  Here is this weeks schedule:

1.   November 29 – Luke 1; John 1:1-14; Matt 1
2.    November 30 – Luke2; Matt 2-3
3.    December 1 – Mark 1; Luke 3; Matt 4;
4.    December 2 – Luke 4-5; John 1:15-51;
5.    Dec. 3 –John 2-4; Mark 2; John 5
6.    Dec. 4 – Matt 12:1-21; Mark 3; Luke 6
7.    Dec. 5 – Matt 5-7; 8:1-13; Luke 7

I have included the whole schedule here.   If you would like to share what you are reading with your children, but think that the whole reading each day is too much for them, The School of Abraham has a great reading guide for young children.  Their guide gives the name of a particular story and the scripture references for that story.  I really like these guides because I can read directly from the scriptures to my children and easily find the specific story I want to share with them.  The link for the New Testament guide is here.


1 comments:

Rebekah November 29, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Great idea! I'll be sure to check your links out and print up the schedule. I'd like to do this too.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP